National Association of Women in Construction
Corpus Christi Chapter #4
General Business Meeting
January 18, 2011
Call to order
President Lisa Huerta, CBT called the January 18, 2011 meeting of the Corpus Christi Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction to order at 6:20 pm.
Chapter Members Present: 6 Out of Chapter Members: 2 Guests Present: 0
Birthdays & Raffle: Jennifer Swinney donated a $25 Gift Card to be raffled. $37 was raised for the chapter.
The meeting minutes for the October and November 2010 general meeting were tabled til February Meeting.
The treasurer’s report for November 2010 was approved and will be filed.
· CAD: There are currently 18 students in the CAD program, and 4 applicants from Ft. Worth are in the hand drawing program.
· Block Kids: January 29th is the scheduled date for the Block Kids event. Vickie Thompson will provide name tags and certifications. Burger King donated toward the event. Hard hats for the kids were also donated. It was discussed to make plaques/frames signed by the children to give to the donating companies.
· Lego Exhibit: Correspondence letter was received regarding the “Creation Station.” Over 15,000 guests visited the exhibit where the chapter’s loaned legos were used.
· Carol Kuecker: The chapter resubmitted the form for Alfonso Gonzales.
· Bylaws: The bylaws were approved and will be submitted to National.
Program: "Membership Ideas”
Presented by: Jennifer M. Swinney & Sandee Morgan of the San Antonio Chapter
o January 29, 2011 – Block Kids Contest
o February 15m 2011 – Registration for Forum Testing Due
o March 6-12, 2011 – WIC Week
o March 20, 2011 – Regional Safety Excellence Award Submissions Due (by 5pm)
o April 8 & 9, 2011 - NAWIC Region 7 Forum
With no further business or announcements, the General Meeting was adjourned at 8:05 pm.
Jennifer M. Swinney, CBT, CDS, CIT Lisa Huerta, CBT
Acting Recording Secretary President