September 18, 2007



CALL TO ORDER:  President, Barbara Taylor, CIT called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. Location of the meeting was the City Diner.  Secretary, Lisa Huerta, was present.


INTRODUCTIONS:  Self Introductions were made.


PROGRAM:  Installation of Officers for 2008.


MINUTES:    The Minutes for July 07 were approved as written and June 07 was approved with one correction.


CORRESPONDENCE:  Correspondence was read and none required action.




PRESIDENT:  President, Barbara Taylor CIT reminded that APC was November 10, 2007.  She also presented gifts of appreciation to Officers of 2007.


VICE PRESIDENT:  Vice President, Virginia Llanas reported that the next meeting will be held October 16, 2007.  She also reported that she will contact the speaker scheduled for the August 07 meeting for next month’s program.


TREASURER:  Treasurer, Vickie Thompson handed out the Treasurers Report. They were approved as written.  She also reported on the amount of money received for necklaces sold.




Professional Education:  Virginia Llanas reported that the YWCA will be presenting a workshop on 12/1/07 for the empowerment of women.

Membership:  Membership Chair, Lisa Huerta requested that all members submit names of women for her to follow up on for membership.  She also reported that membership renewal fees are due.

Block Kids: President, Barbara Taylor stated that items are still needed for the goody bags and more Legos are needed.  She also reported that Brenda Garcia from Prescott Elementary expressed interest in having the contest at her school.

Badges & Identification:  No report.

Publicity:  President, Barbara Taylor, CIT discussed publicity items sent in.

Education:  No report

Recycle:  Lisa Huerta reported that a letter had come stating that the previous recyclables sent in were less than $10.00 and will be applied to the next order. More recyclables were also collected.

CAD:  President, Barbara Taylor, CIT reported what the project design was and she had received letters of interest from several High Schools for participation.

Social:  No Report.

Roster: Kim Wilburn reported that the roster is updated.

Ways and Means:  Committee Chairman, Darlene Lee Omana asked for any ideas for the next fundraising project.  Guest Kim Keplar will follow up on possible interest from motorcycle clubs for a “Poker Run”

Communication:  No Report

Friendship:  No Report.

Website: Vickie Thompson reported that the website is updated.

Trash Off: Lisa Huerta reported the next clean up will be on November 17, 2007

WIC Week: President, Barbara Taylor, CIT asked members to find someone in need for our next project.



NEW BUSINESS:  President, Barbara Taylor, CIT reported that she received an invitation for us to possibly speak to a group of teachers and counselors on unconventional jobs for women in construction.  President, Barbara Taylor, CIT will speak with Gail Hoffman of the AGC to perhaps form a joint venture on this project.

President, Barbara Taylor, CIT also announced that she sent in our strategic planning ideas to NAWIC and to Director Judy DeWeese.


ADJOURNMENT:  There being no further business to come before the assembly, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 p.m.


___________________                                  ____________________

Lisa Huerta, Secretary                                      Barbara Taylor, President


Members Present:                                         Guests Present:

Barbara Taylor, CIT    

Virginia Llanas                                      Kim Keplar                                         

Vickie Thompson                                             Diane McKinney                                             

Lisa Huerta                                                                                                      

Darlene Lee Omana, CCA, CIT                      

Kim Wilburn, CCA, CIT, CCRC